We’re looking for a full-time, talented and motivated front-end developer to join our successful and fast-paced organisation to help both maintain and enhance our front-end tech.
You will be joining an established and close-knit team as a key member with unlimited opportunities for personal development and growth. You will be responsible for the front end technology used in all of our tech stacks ranging from websites, back-office software through to application across iOS and Android. While you'll be expected to have solid foundational skills, you'll also be encouraged to take risks and try new things with the full support of the team all while taking advantage of on-site parking and convenient public transport links to the office as well as the use of top-end kit and flexible working hours.
- 22 Annual days holiday plus bank holidays
- Competitive salary
- Social events
- Social drinks on a Friday
- Opportunity to work with a close-knit, motivational team in an established global company
- Top-end tech
- On-site parking
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunity for remote working
Essential skills and experience:
- Solid understanding of PHP derived templates (PHTML)
- An understanding of Flutter and other cross-platform technologies.
- A good understanding of best frontend practices across iOS & Android.
- Vanilla JS and jQuery
- HTML 4/5, CSS 2/3
- CSS compilers including SASS and LESS
- Knowledge of bootstrap 3/4
- Minimum of 3 years of working with B2B & B2C companies
- Solid understanding of WCAG accessibility guidelines
- Knowledge of version control system GIT
- Knowledge of task automation using Grunt
- Solid understanding of responsive design including the use of media queries and responsive techniques such as flexbox
- Solid understanding of graceful degradation for older browser support
- Ability to demonstrate past examples of work
- Passion for optimisation, speed and accessibility
Desirables skills and experience:
- Knowledge of user-centred design & best practices.
- Knowledge of Adobe creative suite applications including Photoshop, Illustrator and XD
- Knowledge of PHP driven MVC application frameworks, specifically Zend Framework
- Understanding of XMLRPC and JSON data processing
- Exposure to React/Vue
- Passionate with a desire to deliver world-class products
- Organised and self-motivated
- An excellent communicator (verbally and written), capable of inspiring colleagues and clients
- Outgoing, personable, sociable and easy-going
- Open to criticism from your team to benefit project development
- Always eager to learn and to share knowledge
- Comfortable with pressure and deadlines and can work in a fast-paced environment
If you'd like to apply for this opportunity, please send Alison Wilson your CV and Cover Letter via the link below.